Quinoa Patties with Cilantro, Kale, Lemon, and Avocado
These quinoa patties are so good! I’ve seen quite a few variations of this recipe floating around the internet. We’ve tried it a couple of different ways at different times. Each time they are delicious!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Toppings: avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic or olive oil, salt and pepper
- Follow directions to make quinoa.
- Steam kale lightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, parmesan (optional), green onions, garlic, salt, kale, and breadcrumbs. Form patties for cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up a few patties at at time. Cover the pan and let them cook for 7-10 minutes until a deep rich brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes until both sides are nice and brown.
- Top the patties with generous amounts of avocado, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. You could also drizzle a little garlic or olive oil. I LOVE tons of lemon on mine!