I got this recipe from the Pampered Chef’s Casual Cooking cookbook. It has easy recipes for indoors and outdoors. It’s got a variety of different things for grilling primarily. There are some other recipes as well. It does have a great strawberry spinach salad recipe that is delicious. Although that one does have sugar and is obviously not one that I’m eating right now on the sugar elimination diet. Toss it with a different dressing without the sugar in it and it would probably be just as great. The cookbook also has some different recipes for barbecue sauces. Although they all have brown sugar in them except for the berry citrus one which apparently uses blackberry jam instead. So the cookbook has a variety of different things for grilling outdoors in backyard that look fabulous. It’s a great cookbook if you’re looking for some new fresh foods to eat on the grill primarily.
Just thought I’d showcase this egg slicer from Pampered Chef. Love it! I’ve had it for years but needed new wires. I recently got the new wires and am soooo thankful for this kitchen gadget.
Ingredients for the salad
- about 6 to 8 artichoke hearts or one can of 14 ounces, cut into quarters
- 2 to 3 tomatoes cut into wedges (or diced as I did because I didn’t read the instructions!)
- one cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4-1/2 of a red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2-3/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Approximately 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or ~3 hearts, chopped
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (see balsamic dressing recipe)
Ingredients for Steak Marinade
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 8 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1.5- 2 pounds of beef flank steak (of course it is always best to use grass fed organic meat. Thus, the steak cuts options I had were limited.)
- Marinate steak in Marinade for 6 to 8 hours or more. Honestly I’ve never been prepared this far in advance and usually my marinade only last a couple of hours maybe two tops and it always still tastes good but I imagine if you left it for the 6 to 8 hours or more it would be fabulous.
- Add salad ingredients with lettuce.
- Grill steak. Allow to cool a few minutes prior to cutting and then place on salad.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!