Why are we seeing people sitting in ice baths and polar plunging all over social media these days?
It’s the hottest new thing but why??
What is the Wim Hof Method?
It’s an amazing blend of breathing exercises, ice baths, and meditation that works wonders for your mind and body!
If you’ve ever struggled with meditation with your mind racing, the Wim Hof method might be the thing for you because it literally forces your mind to be present and still in the moment.
The Benefits of the Wim Hof Method
The method was developed as a means to improve physical performance and mental health.
Some of the benefits that have been reported by practitioners of the Wim Hof Method include:
- Improved immune function: The method has been shown to increase the production of white blood cells, which can help fight off infections and diseases.
- Reduced inflammation: The method can lower levels of inflammatory markers in the body, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Increased energy levels: Practicing the Wim Hof Method can boost energy levels and improve physical performance.
- Improved mental health: The method has been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, and symptoms of depression.
- Increased focus and mental clarity: The breathing exercises and meditation involved in the Wim Hof Method can help improve focus and mental clarity.
- Better sleep: The method can improve sleep quality and reduce the time it takes to fall asleep.
- Increased willpower and determination: The method can help individuals push past their comfort zones and develop a greater sense of willpower and determination.
The research regarding the Wim Hof method is ever-growing and expanding (you can dive into all the research for each specific area/benefit).
Getting Started with the Wim Hof Method
“[I am trying to teach people] to respond rather than react by going deeper into their body and seeing that everything they need is inside of them.” – Marcus Bradley
In this episode, we explore the Wim Hof Method, a combination of breathing techniques, cold exposure, and meditation developed by the Dutch extreme athlete, Wim Hof.
Our guest, Marcus Bradley, a certified Wim Hof Method instructor, shares the science behind the method and how it can improve physical and mental health, increase energy levels, reduce stress, and enhance performance. We also delve into personal experiences and tips for getting started with the method.
- What the Wim Hof Method actually is, and who should be practicing it?
- How the Wim Hof Method will increase your mental, physical, and business performance
- How you can get started today (even if you don’t have an ice bath) and the key things you need to know before you take the plunge
Marcus is very passionate about the Wim Hof Method. He has personally trained under Wim in Poland. He taps in deep within yourself, getting you more relaxed, pushing past your comfort zone, showing you what you’re capable of, and getting you happier, stronger, and healthier.
Connect with Marcus
Ready to learn more?
If this episode inspired you in some way, take a screenshot of you listening on your device and post it to your Instagram Stories, and tag me, @renaefieck.
Discover how to build your own Business by Design inside James Wedmore’s FREE Rise of the Digital CEO here.