I can’t believe it ALREADY Thanksgiving. OR that it’s going to be nearly 90* here in San Diego this week! Eek! So crazy. The holiday season certainly sneaked up on me. You too?
I wanted to share with you some amazing recipes to add to your feast. It’s totally possible to have a delish meal made with amazing food and not feel bloated and blah afterwards.
- Trade your Deep Fried Turkey for….Roasted turkey (and opt for white meat if you want to reduce the calories and fats)
- Trade your green bean casserole for…Garlic Green Beans or Honey Maple Roasted Carrots
- Trade your candied marshmallow sweet potatoes for… Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries
- Trade your sausage stuffing for…One of these 6 Healthier versions
- Trade your Mashed potatoes for…Cauliflower mashed potatoes or Sweet Potato Mashed potatoes or a blend…Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Mash
- Trade the pre-packaged gravy mix for…Easy Turkey Gravy from Turkey Drippings
- Trade your canned cranberry jelly for…Fresh Cranberry Sauce or 3 Ingredient Paleo Cranberry Sauce
- Trade your pumpkin pie with whip for….pumpkin pie without the crust or whipped cream OR you can try this protein rich pumpkin pie recipe I found (If you try it, let me know! I’m super curious about how it would turn out!)
And on another note….eat your veggies and your turkey first. That way by the time you eat some of the higher calorie foods (like the stuffing!) you’re likely to eat less cause you’ve filled up on nutrient dense foods.
And if you’re wanting more of a reset after Thanksgiving, this is my GO TO Nutrition Jump Start! I can help you with it too! Just message me!