Can you imagine such a combination of pizza? My sister posted this recipe on her blog awhile ago. Now, when we make this recipe most of the time we make pizza. It’s absolutely delicious!
- Sweet Potato
- Red Onion
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Pizza dough (I make my own. I’ll share the recipe some day!)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
We used fresh rosemary from our garden and fresh kale from our friend’s garden. It’s amazing! Even though it doesn’t look like it. Usually our pizza has a little more kale but we only had what our friend gave us from the garden.
Here’s the actual recipe on my sister’s blog.
These quinoa patties are so good! I’ve seen quite a few variations of this recipe floating around the internet. We’ve tried it a couple of different ways at different times. Each time they are delicious!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Toppings: avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic or olive oil, salt and pepper
- Follow directions to make quinoa.
- Steam kale lightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, parmesan (optional), green onions, garlic, salt, kale, and breadcrumbs. Form patties for cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up a few patties at at time. Cover the pan and let them cook for 7-10 minutes until a deep rich brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes until both sides are nice and brown.
- Top the patties with generous amounts of avocado, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper. You could also drizzle a little garlic or olive oil. I LOVE tons of lemon on mine!
My sister and I got together a few weeks before my daughter was due and made a ton of meals to freeze in order to make life easier once the baby arrived. This is one of the recipes my sister brought and we made. It was absolutely delish! You can find the recipe on her website, AmyRoose.com As she says on her website, the color and look is deceiving and it really is fabulous!
I’ve started a food exchange and thus needed to come up with something to make for the exchange and decided on this dish. It is easy, light, healthy and easy to freeze. Only thing I wish I could change is that I didn’t use so many canned foods. I like using fresh. However, to make all the ingredients from scratch may make this a bit tedious. I’m not even sure how to make hominy from scratch!
Only modifications I did, were I only did 1 jalapeno instead of 2. Some of the people indulging in this dish will be wee-little ones and wasn’t so sure the spice would be too much. When we made it before, it was a little too spicy for my husband. Adding the sour cream in definitely helps tone down the spice.
Give it a try and let me know what you think of it! My toddler ate 2 bowls of it for lunch! She loved it!